The Hall's place in village life 1920s

In the thirty years between 1920 and 1950, three ladies: Mrs Joe Morris, Mrs Daisy Newbery and Mrs Ella Hookey kept an eye on the ‘goings on’ in the Hall.

In those days the kettles were put to boil on the stoves in the Hall using kindling wood gathered from the Green opposite. Those two small fires would also have warmed and dried many cold, wet bodies since the Hall also served as a refuge for sailors whose boats were stranded or wrecked on the rocks at Brook; and for campers in the 1950s when the rains washed them out of their tents.