Hanover Stores and Tea Room -Introduction

 

A lynchpin of Brook life for 36 years was the village shop and tea rooms at Hanover House. In the spring of 1933 H & M Morris was formed. It was the start of a successful family business. Brother and sister Herbert (known as Bert) and Margaret (known as Madge) were the children of Mr and Mrs Joe Morris. They were a long-established Brook family and rented Hanover House from the Seely family. Margaret married Walter Stone and Bert married Gladys Winser and the four of them ran the business until their retirement in1969.